Friday, May 8, 2009

Also Frightened

LISTEN - Animal Collective - Also Frightened.mp3

I recently had the pleasure of sharing my first KKNK experiences with Johan Schutte, a good friend of mine, and he burned me a DVD full of some of the strangest music I have ever heard...

but on this DVD was a bunch of music from a band called Animal Collective.  So at first I thought that it has a very strange, somewhat hard-to-listen to sound to it, but as time passed their music really grew on me, so now I can truly say I'm a fan.

Here is the strange part...
I also discovered a band called Panda Bear in between my endless arrays of musical folders.  And then I got the Indie Rock Playlists from my friend and I discovered Avey Tare, also a seemlingly unknown artist.   Strange enough  Animal collective is a collection (thu
s the name) of musicians including the two childhood friends, Avey Tare and Panda Bear (Obviously not their real names).  So I, by accident, uncovered an entirely desolate part of the musical world, by accident.  They rule the lands of Baltimore, Maryland and beyond.

weird... but so worth it.  Animal Collective is a brilliant band.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That's so me! Good post, enjoyed reading it. Blogs are good for thoughts.

    I love Panda Bear. Pullhair Rubeye isn't really all, erm, musical, but creative it shall remain (albeit horrible.)

    which friend has the Indie Rock playlist? Those are really good. They eat cap though, if you download them from the net.

    ReplyDelete
  3. true that! it is michael. ek sal more vir jou soos 7 kan gee......... mad skills.

    ReplyDelete